The Department for International Trade has launched a new grant scheme designed to support UK firms to expand internationally.
Called the Internationalisation Fund, grants of between £1,000 and £9,000 will be made available to eligible firms covering a wide range of international business activities, from export consultancy to digital marketing.
Businesses will need to cover between 40-50% of the costs themselves with the grant covering the rest and can be applied to activities including:
- Market research
- IP advice
- Translation services
- International social media/SEO
- Trade fairs (where no TAP funding is available)
- Independent market visits
- Consultancy and other international commercial services
The eligibility criteria are:
- The company must be based in England
- The company must be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) with up to 250 employees
- No more than 25% of the business is owned by an enterprise that is not an SME
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million
Funding to support expert consultancy from Go Exporting
The new grant scheme can be applied to services offered by Go Exporting, including our export consultancy services and international digital marketing campaigns.